The Department of Transportation requires those with or applying for Commercial Drivers Licenses (CDL) receive a physical exam. This is required to check if the operator of the vehicle is physically fit to operate a large commercial vehicle now and in the foreseeable future. Requirements include:
- At least 20/40 vision in each eye and with both eyes combined, with or without correction.
- Must be able to determine the difference between the colors of traffic lights.
- Should be able to hear a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- Blood pressure at most 160/100.
- Blood sugar at most 200.
- Not a user of habit forming drugs, amphetamines, or narcotics.
- If you have a cardiac problem, such as heart failure, you need to have passed a stress test with a note from the physician stating you have no driving restrictions.
AFC Urgent Care West Hartford offers convenient night and weekend hours to fit your schedule. We have a registered physician on staff who can perform DOT physicals. Our location is conveniently located at 1030 Boulevard in West Hartford. For more information, call 860.986.6440.
Dr. Iftikhar Ali
Medical Director, Physician, National Registry Certified